eurindiamedia organized the second European Co-Production Lounge at FICCI FRAMES 2013.
Here are some numbers on what went on during the two days:
On the official day of the European Co-Production Lounge, 13 March:
- We received 14 applications to participate in this year’s Lounge (9 from India, 3 from the UK or involving the UK, 1 involving Canada and a European territory, 1 from Spain) and
- We selected 7 projects (3 from India, 2 from the UK or involving the UK, 1 involving Canada and a European territory, 1 from Spain).
On 14 March, we scheduled more meetings with producers, distributors, and financers:
- 14 parties wanted to meet with the Lounge (9 from India, 1 from Nepal, 1 from Canada, 1 from Italy and 2 from Australia)
- We met with 10 companies (7 from India, 2 from Australia, 1 from Italy)
- 16 more industry professionals left their business details at the reception desk of the Lounge, showing interest in the activity and the format.
This year a total of 44 contacts from 7 countries were made at the Lounge,
On 13-14 March 2013 meetings between 17 companies from 5 countries were scheduled in total. We matched companies with each other and Kamal Musale and Juliane Schulze scheduled consultations with all of them. Investors and representatives of banks met with us to understand how we can work together, showing deep interest in international content which is co-financed by Indian and European sources.
We had the opportunity to discuss the format and objectives of the Lounge with Kamal Haasan. He confirmed that holding the European Co-Production Lounge also in Chennai would complement the more Bollywood focused event in Mumbai and would help the independent Indian film industry in accessing potential co-producers and distribution from abroad.